Originally Posted by Pappy348
Shaw might be cheaper and possibly faster than a local guy. Certainly they'd be faster than the best guy around here, who is very busy. Once upon a time, their reputation wasn’t all that good, but Mule Deer and others say that their barrels are quite good now.
Not my experience at all. Last year I sent a Ruger M77 Tang Safety 250 Savage to them for a new barrel. No communication at all. Finally got it back. The Timney trigger was about to fall off the action, only a couple threads holding it on. The clip holding the long mauser type extractor was only hooked on one end. I attached the other end of the clip and found that lots of times it wouldn't chamber a load since the extractor was jamming against the case rim. When it does chamber and fire it doesn't fully extract the case, just drops it on the magazine follower. Accuracy was terrible. Sent it back, finally got it returned and can see no difference in accuracy. I've only had one factory barrel in over 50 years of playing with rifles that wouldn't out shoot it. That one was a M94 Ranger 30-30, but it was close.