Andy - I’d say the Ultra-lite is close to the $900 value, but I’m in agreement 10 on the rest. They’re well made, but heavyweights.

I shoot 10-20 Knight rifles a year - from m-85, LK-93, Bighorn, Disc, Disc Extreme, to the Ultralite. I’ve finally phased out the LK93s for all DISC rifles.

The older DISC rifles with the 22 inch barrels aren’t bad to carry - if you can find a clean one. The red plastic jacket primer set up isn’t terrible to load in my experience, but the bare primer can be the challenge loading as discussed above.

I think you’re still restricted to percussion caps? The Knight haven’t been hard to load with caps, I’ve got one Ultra lite barrel set up with the Western bolt and #11, it’s fine with loose powder.

If you can use a sabot - Knight has a few .52 caliber Extremes left that are on sale. Those are a decent value. With a gray sabot, you’re launching standard large caliber bullets .452 IIRC. The twist is a little faster on the .52 as well.

I can say that nearly all of the Knights have been 3-4 inches accurate at 100, with the majority closer to 1-2 inches with out much work - two 777 pellets and a Hornady or Nosler 300 grain sabot load.

All that said - the CVA Optima is good choice, I’ve got numerous hunting associates that swear by them.

Last edited by AH64guy; 11/26/22.