Originally Posted by rufous
So we moved to Arkansas about 6 weeks ago and have discovered that this supposedly conservative state still has dry counties. Seems the polar opposite of keeping the government from trying to tell citizens what they can and cannot do. Who in these counties dictates whether it will be dry or not? Prohibition was over almost 100 years ago. Come on Arkansas, get with the times!

While in theory I may agree with you, but in principle I won't. Wait until you've lived in the state a bit more than a whole 6 weeks to tell us how backwoods we are. You already knew about the dry county situation before moving here (you asked about in back in Sept in your NWA thread) and I'm quite sure it was discussed with your current job being what it is. Stop acting like a typical Californian and immediately trying to change your new home into the [bleep] you just left.

Liquor laws are voted on by the people, not the government. Those dry counties are dry by choice as determined by votes. They can easily become wet if they want to. Seems it's working the way it should, doesn't it?

You moved to Arkansas by choice. I'd assume it was because it offered more favorable living conditions and opportunity than where you left. Maybe there's a reason that is.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.