It was a great time to grow up in the 50's and 60's. There was no inflation, California was still a safe place to live and a candy bar cost 5 cents.

I spent my summers living the life of Huckleberry Finn, running around the uncharted areas near Yellowstone. My mother taught at the University in Bozeman and we had a cabin outside of West Yellowstone, where we spent the whole summer living in the 1880's. We had no modern conveniences, a wood stove for cooking every meal, an outhouse for a toilet, and a well for water.

I loved every minute of it and had no idea that it wouldn't last forever.

It's easy to reminisce, but not knowing what you were missing is easier than not having the conveniences once you have had them. I do like the cell phone and the immediate tie to what is available to look for and buy guns that I would never know existed without the cell phone.

I like having a new one ton truck that will start and run reliably and a few other conveniences. But if my knowledge of the current convenances were wiped away, I could easily live like I did in the summers of the 60's...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]