Originally Posted by AB2506
I’m not sure how I feel about this story.

Grabbing a dog just because it follows you to your truck? You don’t know if it’s lost or abandoned. The owner can’t find it while you’re caring for it.

I saw it many times where someone found a dog and instead of taking it to the pound or local SPCA. The pound/SPCA are where owners look for their missing dog. These dog finders hold dogs for weeks and seldom find the owner. Turn it in.

Now I know that not every location has functional pounds/SPCA.

Montana must have a higher grade o rez dogs because in Alberta I’ve yet to see a rez dog worth the effort. They’re mostly wild and rarely habituate to close contact with humans. Walking after dark on the Blackfoot reserve is taking a serious risk on your life and limb as the dogs run free and pack up.

Just my perspective after 10 years in animal control.

There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in the US and Canada. We don’t need to rescue dogs from reserves, Mexico, Russia, the greyhound industry or any other place weak minded people feel sorry for the dogs.

Honestly, the best thing we should do is round up these unwanted dogs and euthanize them. Too often I investigated attacks perpetrated by these rescued dogs. Not only were the victims scarred and injured, sometimes permanently, but I felt sorry for some of the adoptive owners who really tried to tame the dogs.

Let’s face it, I’m jaded, but my comments and observations have a lot of validity .

That literally is one of most stupidest posts I've read here.