I am no expert on Rez Dogs, but I know of several that were adopted as puppies at Pet Smart in Billings. One started biting the neighborhood kids and had to be put to sleep. Part Pit Bull from what I hear. My youngest son and his wife adopted a real nice little Rez dog puppy at Pet Smart and it was a real pretty brown female German Shepherd looking pup that had a black muzzle --also kind of a Pit Bull face ! That dog was real nice and friendly until it wasn't . If it got reprimanded it's hair would raise up and it would look like it was ready to bite you. I love all kinds of dogs and as far as I am concerned, all dogs are good dogs. After that dog was almost a year old, it got sick and died. Just wasted away. The vets could find nothing wrong with it!
Also, I don't know if any of you guys have seen the news about the pack of wild dogs in Lodge Grass that attacked an old guy pushing his bike and killed him. The people in Lodge Grass,(Crow Reservation) said that there are usually several packs of wild dogs running around the Rez.

Every year the local Veterinarians go to the two reservation nearby and spay the females they can catch. I wouldn't hesitate to bring one home like Tarkio did, but would always keep an eye on the dogs actions when it gets older.
If I was going to pay the fees for a puppy adoption, I would try to stay away from pup from the Crow and Cheyenne reservations.
I know of some people that are real fond od there Rez dogs. I think they are just lucky!!