Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Justified, but coulda easily cost him thousands in legal fees.

I dunno what events led him to decide to stop and get out of the truck, nor do I know how bad his driving transgression was if there was one.

So if someone was following you around yelling and flipping you off you would drive into a police department parking lot?

If there was one available? Absolutely. Wouldn’t you?

The two times in my nearly 50 years of driving I’ve had a PO’d driver pulling alongside gesturing at me I just didn’t respond, looked at them briefly when I had to with no expression. It seemed to work.

Having a guy get out of his vehicle in stopped traffic where I couldn’t drive away is a different situation. Not sure the safest way of handling it.

The first justified use of a CHL in Texas was in 1995 when a driver had a big angry Samoan guy walk up to his stalled pickup truck in traffic and start punching him through the open driver’s side window. The driver shot and killed said Samoan from inside his truch, wasn’t charged.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744