Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by mathman
Bushing dies also aren't the best if there's a lot of sizing to do. One example from my experience is sizing thin WW 308 brass fired in factory chambers. The die needs to take the necks down from something like .344" to .331" and in a bushing die that's not good for runout. A Lee collet die or a regular FL die w/o ball works much better.
Did you notice the dies I recommended can be set to bump the shoulder?I use these dies for loading for AR-10`s and AR -15`s using Lake City brass no problem.Collet dies work fine till the case is needs to be FLR.I also use these dies for my 6MM CM and 6MM BR.As they work good for me. I just thought I would pass this info on.
And there is where we all have gotten into the weeds. There is a huge difference in the answer to which is "best" depending on the type of firearm you are loading for (bolt action, semi auto, single shot) and what the application is (BR, LR, hunting).
As someone said earlier, there is more than one way to skin that cat.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor