Let me clean up a couple of things.

First off, I'm not going to stand on the Pillar of TrVth and pronounce that adding collet dies to the mix improved my groups. I believe they did, but I also know that I've done a bunch of other things over the past 10 years to improve groups and nothing was done in isolation. Something worked. My groups are better, and I have the astute gentlemen of this august forum to thank for giving me guidance.

Second, I've been reading about FL vs. Neck Sizing for decades. I FL'd for about 20 years before adding my first collet die, and it was based on advice from Herr Mule Deer. I still have my face. I suspect John still has his. Never in all my years of studying the subject, did I hear of anyone come straight out and say that if I neck-sized, I was going to blow up the gun. Were this the case, Lee and the other die makers would have been sued out of business long before I got into reloading.

Neck Sizing was discussed at length in the first book I ever had on reloading. It was the ABCs of Reloading. I had that book a good decade before I dove in. The book is written by C. Rodney James.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Yes, those are hooks. Mister James blew his hands off playing with explosives when he was 15. He finally got the message and turned towards the light. His book lit the way to my 20+ years of safe, fun reloading. I doubt Mister James would have included neck sizing if it were as dangerous as some declare.

Bottom line: If John says neck sizing is cool ( and safe) I'm going for it. Thank you all for the kind advice.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer