Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Your picture is better than the Trijicons I looked through in Cabela's last year. I was hoping to buy one, but of all their scopes I looked though the optics were not as good as the Leupold's and the dot was barely visible. In the future if I can find one that is as good as what you are showing I may buy it.

Inside a store is a terrible place to judge optics. As to the Accupoints visibility, again inside isn’t where they’re designed to work. They need skylight for the fiber optics, or darkness for the tritium to be visible, and then it’s only visible enough to identify your aiming point. Last week I made it to my stand while it was still dead dark and while waiting for shooting light I periodically looked around in the heavy cover through my 3-9x40, hardly a night scope. A couple of minutes before legal light, I took a good look around and that green dot was visible against anything that I could have shot, though I might have had trouble avoiding branches and other obstructions at the edges of my field of view. Once there was some skylight, the FOs made the dot readily visible and it stood out nicely on the sticking spot of the buck that showed up at 0915. Battery models give better control of the illumination, but………require batteries.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/02/22.

What fresh Hell is this?