Originally Posted by gnoahhh
My comment is entirely about how a primitive weapons opportunity has been subjoined into an arms race that has little or nothing to do with it's original intent. Some states recognize that and provide two ml seasons, which is only fair IMO.

AFIK, based on reading, the purpose of special seasons was originally to create hours of recreational time without impacting the resource too heavily. I used a TC Hawken in Southern Maryland before there was a ML season, and considered it an upgrade over most of the shotguns with only bead front sights. That was before rifled slug guns too. My uncle, then my brother and I were the first in our crowd to scope our shotguns too. Being able to make better hits is a good thing. Certainly with whitetails in the East now, the “resource” needs some good old fashioned decimating, not protecting. And even here in my bedroom community, a little woodsy solitude is only a few extra steps off trail on the small WMA I hunt, as the majority seem to cruise the mown paths. I’ve never felt I needed special dispensation in the form of restictive seasons to enjoy my toys, but I’ll take the extra time every time.

What fresh Hell is this?