Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by zcm82
I’ve never felt I needed special dispensation in the form of restictive seasons to enjoy my toys, but I’ll take the extra time every time.

That's where I'm at with it. Our firearm deer season is 7 days... yes... 7, and they aren't even 7 consecutive days. Muzzleloaders aren't really my thing, but I have no problem hitting the easy button with an inline to get a few more days to hunt during the ML only season.

Ours is short too, but we have a true primitive season in January, four days. No more inlines here; I do my cheating with a crossbow, but I’m getting tired of dragging that pos through the bushes too and will probably sell it before next season. Like the inlines I’ve owned, I never shoot it for fun, just enough to make sure I can kill stuff with it.
Ha, that crossbow doesn't pack through the brush so easily huh??

Those who have never been around em tout how convenient they are. Hunt with one for a bit and they can be awkward at times and also maybe cause you to not get a shot behind your tree as well.

Not as simple as some think.

Oh, killin’ with ‘em is pretty simple. Totin’ ‘em around is a bitch.

Then there was this time when somebody didn’t check to be certain the crank was well seated and the whole shebang flew into the scope eyepiece under 260lbs of force….

Nobody I know, of course🙄
Try that killing when one is behind your tree. Easier w a vertical bow, no limbs to hit the tree, BTDT.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!