Originally Posted by sambo3006
The 7mm STW has suprisingly mild recoil in my opinion, considering the powder capacity.

Excactly! Although mine is a Ruger #1 s/s laminated stock and is a bit heavy. Other pleasant surprises in the recoil department for me are my Tikka T3 Superlite in 7 Mag(with a Limbsaver Pad) and my S &W 500 mag revolver. Both more pleasant to shoot than most would think.

I didn’t comment on the worst recoil thread, seeing it was an ancient thread, but since I’m typing, I’ll relay that here…

The old fella got me started in reloading, had an old double barrel 12 that he insisted I had to fire…both barrels at the same time! He failed to mention these loads of his were pretty stout. On the second attempt at this, I got my finger across both triggers just right (while apparently not having the buttplate firmly into my shoulder)and they both went off. Holy Mother of God!!!!!!! That thing kicked the living $hit outta me.(maybe even some dead $hit too). Eyes watered, nose ran, swore at him for 5 minutes while rubbing my shoulder, all the while he’s doubled over laughing at me. 10 minutes later he picks up my Glock 20 and shoots it while I’m loading another gun. He was a single action revolver guy, and he used the tried and true weak hand thumb over grip…not good! Slide barks a big chunk of skin off his left thumb! Now I’m laughing, saying karma buddy, we’re even!

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!