Most of my 30 caliber deer hunting for quite a while was with the 30=06 using 150 gr. bullets. talking with a friend he said he always used 180 gr. bullets s they messed up less meat. I tried them and liked the results. In 1973, I went to the .308 Win. in a much light rifle and back to the 150 gr. bullet. Just as messy as when I ran hem in the 06 so tried some loads with 180 gr. spitzer and round nose. Accuracy was good with both bullets.
One day, my buddy and I spotted a couple of does and he wanted some meat Seems we both shot at the same time and both deer went down. Nothing unusual but then my buddy asked if I'd shot? Very tempted to say no just to see the reaction but basically what happened is he didn't hear me shoot and both shots went off simultaneously. Dunno whose bullet was in his gun as he didn't reload and depended on factory ammo. IIRC, my bullet was the 180 gr. Sierra round nose. Shots on the ranch we hunted on at the time weren't way out yonder very often.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE