Originally Posted by humdinger
Because Luther wouldn't respect me in the morning.

Luther doesn't respecr ANYONE. Even when they know more about a subject than does he. He's proving that in several other Fire threads at this very moment and he's proven it time and again in this very turkey forum. 🤡

🤣🤣🤣

It ain't a big deal. Everyone who matters will respect your choice no matter what. 😉👍

I was also a skeptic when the .410 turkey craze began. But I'm open-minded and don't pretend to know everything. So, I did what any reasonable, thinking man woul do. I set one up and TRIED IT........with my own two hands.......my own two eyes.

You ARE right. A guy could do some really dumb and irresponsible stuff to a turkey using a .410, lead shot and zero restraint. The gun I set up is only a 30 yard gun with lead. NO MORE. Paper proves it. Don't under-estimate......carry a rangefinder.

But with #9 or #9.5 TSS........... 40 yards is responsibly do-able. But no more. Believe it.

If you were anywhere near me, I'd invite you to my back yard. I've got a patterning range set up 365 days a year (a guy never knows when a question will arise) and a lifetime supply of 30" paper. Be happy to let you settle the 20....410.....lead.....TSS "mystery" that escapes some.....

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.