Like all kids that grow up shooting, you used what was available, whether it was dad's, grandpa's, or... In my case, it was dad's single shot 16 gauge and a single shot bolt action 22LR. I was taught that with a single shot, to make the 1 shot count! And also, with a single shot shotgun, recoil was just part of the equation. Looking back, I think dad was just trying to slow down the amount of ammo I was shooting up with those 2 single shots! Lol! Fast forward a lot of years to today and I'm at 2 single shot shotguns. A 12ga 1st gen Winchester 101 Trap 34" top single and the little 20ga H&R I just picked up. With the shells/shot available today, I can't see a 12 being that much better than a 20 within the ranges we use this stuff for. Of course, it all depends on what you already have for shells and how much money you want to spend on any part of it. IMO, you can't go wrong with whichever one you choose.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member