Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The price of a new basic Ruger 10/22 is about $300, now. Guess they figure, since there’s no Marlin 60 to compete with, they can just keep jacking the price up and up.....

Went shooting with a buddy, today. He brought along a new Rossi Semiauto 22. Looked very similar to the old Marlin 795. He had just bought it (for $99). It shot fine. If they could put a tubular magazine on it, and sell it for $150, it’d be the king of the cheap 22’s. I doubt Rossi will have enough sense to do this.

Every time Rossi makes a decent product, they either discontinue it or eventually screw it up.

The early versions of their pump .22 and pump .17 HMR Winchester clones worked great and were accurate too. As were their early stainless Winchester 92 clones.

I wish they’d do a remake of the Remington Nylon 66 rifles.

As he stated, they don’t have much competition with the Marlin .22 rifles gone from the market. They’re not going to make a product that competes with their 10/22 Line of rifles.
yes I have a very early interarms imported Rossi 62 pump and also a 92 lever lever has no safety no crazy puma emblem on the side just basic business and it's been awesome for years .got both of these used somewhere in the later 80s very early 90s

Last edited by ldholton; 12/06/22.