Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50
Originally Posted by drover
There have been over 11 million model 60's manufactured so there can't be too much wrong with them. They were a reasonably priced rifle that performed well.

drover
They were disposable. We used to buy new ones because they were cheaper than buying parts.

Prices will come back to reasonable when Ruger starts making new ones.

I doubt that Ruger will make any of the Marlin models that would compete with rifles that they already make, so none of the bolt or semi-auto rimfires, just the lever action rifles as that is a market niche that Ruger didn't have much success with when they made the Model 96s.

Nailed it !!!
Not to mention the fact that Marlin Model 60’s were never “Disposable Rifles”. 🤪

Well I have worn out a couple with only around 8 to 10K rounds through them.
What did you wear out ? I know the feed throats wear out and the buffers crack/break over time but both are easily replaceable and fairly cheap. I have several times that many rounds through my 989M2, which is basically a clip fed version of the 60. I think I've replaced the recoil buffer 3 times and the recoil spring once since 1976 and that's it. It still runs and shoots good today and I still use it frequently.

Could have been where I was doing the shooting. Montana near Great Falls has a very fine dust. I was summer fallowing and kept the rifle in the tractor tied in an unzippped guncase for a sheath. Shot 500 rounds a week for 14 weeks. Action sort of wallowed out.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]