Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by MAC
Did you bother reading the regulations? I live in TX and they clearly state you cannot break a deer down any further than the 4 quarters and backstraps in the field. That is the minimum you must take off a deer but you can also take the neck meat, rib meat, flank meat and shanks but the 4 main quarters and backstraps must be whole. It is NOT legal in TX to completely bone a deer out in the field. That is the law and I seriously doubt an outfitter in TX encouraged you to break the law. Not buying that part of it.

For all you idiots calling the GW a dick, he is enforcing the law. When you hunt in states other than your own (I have held licenses in 13 states) you need to read the regulations for those states. I grew up in CO but when I hunted in WY, MT, UT, OK, TX, CA, AZ, NM etc... I made sure I did things in accordance with the laws in those states and ignorance of the laws will not prevent getting a ticket.
He never said he did it "in the field".

In TX anything besides the final destination or a processing facility is considered in the field. A member posted the regulations. Go read them.
So a family member cannot give me meat to bring home that they process at their place because it isn't at its final destination??

Can't process your deer at another guys place and take it home because it wasn't at its final destination??

I get what the regs say and I know what I would do in the OPs shoes.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 12/08/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!