My son's employer (forest management) is a fleet buyer. They gave up on diesels long ago, just didn't pencil out. Since they went gas, they have tried Dodge, GMC, and now Ford. None seems better than another, so far. Dodges ate cams and lifters after warranty. GMC's transmission failures after warranty, Fords are just now getting up past warranty and it's not looking good. Every truck has had automatic 4x4 hub failure (warranty), broken windshields from ill fitting body panels (warranty denied), multiple wiring harness connector failures, cab leaks, excessive tire wear (warranty denied). Company policy has evolved to try to roll the fleet over at 200,000. They put on a lot of miles in a year. I'm not pushing any brand of pickup here, just passing it on. Word is company is regretting providing pickups, used to be employee supplied pickup and was reimbursed mileage, but the workmen's insurance carrier said don't do that for legal reasons.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.