I have no dog in this fight. But I will say this, who cares if someone suggests something slightly more? Lots of us, myself included, have reconsidered purchases where we had a set budget because someone sparked an idea in our heads for something better for not much more. I think that’s all that was being done here.

Now if someone was saying all you can get is a steaming piece of chit for that $, then sure, give him a blast, and tell him to scram.

There’s enough angst in the world as it is, let’s keep this sub-forum drama free. I’ve been on the Campfire for a while, and was a lurker for many years before joining. It can be the Wild West for sure, but I was attracted to his sub-forum because 99% of regulars are true gentlemen, and helpful to a fault.

If you wanna argue, there is a guy on the fire who lives up in Alaska who will oblige anytime. Think his handle is Big Stick or some such thing. Tread lightly and put your fireproof jammies on:)

Now, I will give you my two cents. This fall, I used a Grohmann Bird & Trout that was given to my son. I skinned out a calf moose, a mulie buck, and hundreds of geese and ducks. Easy to keep sharp and touch up. Easy on the pocketbook too, especially considering the exchange rate for you folks in the US, as it’s made in Canada. It is a very ergonomically efficient design. It’s not a super steel, but it’s also easy to sharpen. And, for your price range, you could even order it with a nice stag handle and have a beauty knife that you can be proud of.

https://www.grohmannknives.com/inde...tainless-steel-2-trout-bird-knife-detail

Tons of good choices in your price range. Tons.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited by sns2; 12/11/22.