Gentlemen,
I have been looking at Heym's Express Rifle, built on Ralph Martini's stock design, for the last four or five years. I called Chris Sells on Thursday and he sent me pictures of two .375 H&H's with lackluster wood. He said he might have something that would trip my trigger. He was right, however, I have a few concerns...

The rifle is too long. The LOP is 14.5". I don't have anyone locally that I would trust to cut and put a new pad on that stock. Hence the rifle would go to James Tucker in Oregon. Dunno what he will charge, however, it will not be a trifle. I am further looking at shipping and insurance on the rifle and the Hardigg Storm Case. We are looking at $500, at a minimum, to correct the length of pull.

The stock is beautiful, however, the metalwork is rather average. If you compare it to one of Ralph Martini's Custom Express 98s it looks rather plain. His integral quarter rib and rear sight, integral sling swivel, and integral front sight base has to be seen to be appreciated. More expensive than the Heym. Very much so...

Long question shorter, what are your thoughts? I intend the rifle to go to Africa, however, I have been running .375 H&H's for a quarter century. I know where they hit, I am comfortable with their recoil, and I know the cartridge. I suspect I will have more control than I will with the .416 Rigby.

The Rigby seems to lack the versatility of the .375

The rifle is offered at $14,500 without scope or rings. That seems steep for a factory custom, however, this is anything but a typical factory custom rifle...

Thoughts most welcome...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Regards, Matt.

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 12/11/22.

NRA Life Benefactor Member