Gentlemen,
If the rifle was "overpriced" before, it is now getting silly expensive...IMHO

I called Heym USA/Chris Sells a couple of months ago to enquire about a .300 H&H/.375 H&H pair. We had JUST talked about the .416 Rigby shown above. He said they were going to build a .300 H&H light rifle, however, demand had dictated that he raise the price. Hence he was raising the price of the BASE rifle by $2000 to bring it to $14,000! The Rigby shown above was $14,500, however, that was with a $2500 stock figure upgrade. It would now run $16,500 plus tax, shipping, and receiving.

Heym USA is, according to Sells, is so inundated with Heym Express Rifle demand that he decided to raise the price by $2k to "slow down orders." It certainly worked in my case...

Another look at a Heym Express at Hallowell's.

Bolt handle inlet is ugly...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rust under rear island sight...

Another angle...

Their .300 H&H Express Rifle is shown below. Same pricing as the large bores. Tis a shame that brass is nearly impossible to find.

I'll build on an FZH if I build at all. I was talking to Roger Green about actions and learned of the Biden Administrations new tax on guns that cost more than $2500. That was too much to process short a frosty beverage... Speaking of which...;-).

Regards, Matt.

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 03/24/23.

NRA Life Benefactor Member