Gentlemen,
I greatly appreciate the input. I really am looking for advice and not an accomplice...lol

Mr. Parker,
Good to hear from you. No doubt you are on the cutting edge. I could see a .300 Winchester Magnum Light Rifle complimenting a .416 Remington Magnum. THAT BEING SAID the last time I talked to D'Arcy he REFUSED(laughing here) to build me a .416 Remington Magnum. He said the .375 H&H Mag would kill anything that walked with the 350 grain load. I won't forget that conversation.

Have to call him with a stock order this week.

I have heard that the .416 Remington Magnum is developed an excellent reputation in Africa. I have Phil Shoemaker's article on his first "M70 Stainless Classic in .416 Rem Mag. I take it he is still a fan as is his daughter. Speaks volumes. I still have that original copy of Rifle Magazine.

I would have to wonder about brass and bullets though. I looked for .416 Remington Magnum components a couple of years back and they were hard to find.

Ingwe,
You make a solid point and "my little voice" is screaming "375!". I appreciate the input and feel you are spot on. I know the .375 H&H well. I've just never hit on the perfect package.

haverluk,
I too came close to buying one when they were under $10K. All in all I agree with your take. There are far too many concessions involved for what will be factory rifle that fails to tick enough boxes to trip my trigger. Your rifle is a looker. Which Leupold is that? I have a pair of VX-III 1.75-6x32E's for my first Winchesters. They've been good to me over the years...

Best Regards, Matt.

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 12/11/22.

NRA Life Benefactor Member