Originally Posted by gnoahhh
What's this "factory ammo" I hear being bandied about? I haven't bought a box of factory ammo in any flavor since Clinton was president.

Good info re: using .303 British brass to make .35's. Close to same case head diameter I see. I almost want a .35 Remington now just to try that. Reading in Nonte's old book of cartridge conversions I see he recommended swaging '06 brass down, trimming, and running it into a FL sizer. .020" case head reduction via swaging isn't that big a deal, but you won't do it with your reloading press. Probably need to jerry-rig a hydraulic bottle jack.

Make some brass (or buy some - it's tough to find but it's out there if you shake the bushes hard enough) and round up a pack of primers and a can of powder, scare up a used set of dies and a used press (or an old Lee Loader), and a cheap Lee 2-cavity .35 200grain bullet mold (and a cheap Lee push-through bullet sizing die and a stick of lube), and bone up on how to use those tools, and a newbie can be shooting Dad's old .35 in jig time - all for the cost of a handful of boxes of this scandalously priced factory ammo I hear talked about. Or, sit back and continue griping about how the Ammunition Man is sticking it to you.
Or just ditch the .35, go buy a .30-30 and get to killing deer with cheap and easy to find ammo/components. I've had both and killed a pile of deer with both. My .35 went down the road years ago and my .30-30 is still here and it's still killing deer every season. The only thing the .35 does better than the .30-30 is deflate your wallet.