I've read the whole thread, everyone's posts. I've been retired since may of 2020 so I have had more time to hit the local stores to see what's in stock, to talk with sales people and I have store numbers on speed dial. I also hit every gunshow with in 200 miles. The ammo companies are pumping out more ammo than ever. Based on known sales numbers some older chamberings are harder to find? Why ? SEVERAL REASONS the ammo companies that make low demand cartridges still make them 1 or 2 runs a year same as allways. The panic of c-19 induced the the panic shortages and caused people to finally change the way they buy ammo. Sure the prices have gone up, look around at everything you buy it all cost more thank Joe biteme for that. I was in the local Sam's tonite bought some food. Big quantity buyers save money there. Down the way is the local Scheels store so I dial them up and ask for the gun dept. You guys get any powder or lr primers? Yeah, powder the guy says and runs off the powder numbers. Has leverevolution powder 38.99/# not a steal but says he has an 8# at 249.99 that's a deal
So I rolled over there and got an 8#.. while I'm there I get the reminder you know it's the Xmas season friday nite, men their women and kids, people buying things. But 1 thing has changed instead of buying 1 box of shells they buy 3 to 6 boxes if it's there to buy. They aren't hoarders but they have learned the hard way to keep and build an adequate supply of the ammo they need to stay in the game. All the ammo selling stores in Rapid City SD had runs of Remington 35 rem ammo this year in May and June, 2 to 3 cases each time and that ammo on the shelf lasted 1-3 days was bought out by customers buying multiple boxes. $46 to 55 a box. That simple. I've said it before and damn it I'll say it again...the days of buying what you want, when you want for how much you want to pay are long gone. You have to step up and compete for what you want. Winners and losers no fugging participation trophies handed out. Change the way you do things and win..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 12/17/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "