Originally Posted by BWilson
I will admit we did have an issue with setting our chambers to min HS for awhile, but this was corrected some time back and we now set the HS to min +.002" which I believe to be industry standard. Why they wouldn't send you a matching bolt/bbl I can't explain, but I'll make sure this won't be the case in the future.

Thank You for the response, Sir.

What is the timeframe that you made the change to your chambering practice?

The timeframe for the barrel in question was October 2021 & the person that I corresponded with was Randal Robinson.

I'm glad to see that you've changed your practice to be more aligned with industry standard as it is definitely a better move for the mass market for barrels.

Doing minimum HS might be fine, so long as you would advise people of that & offer/provide a matching bolt, however, given the really large array of ammo manufacturers of 223/5.56 ammo, many from outside the US, that could still be a problem............I've actually measured some factory ammo at zero HS +.001" which, of course, is not as it should be.

At any rate, as I noted in my OP, the barrel I got from your company is a quality barrel in all respects with regards to finish, inside & out, with good cleanability, & it shoots very well.

After sighting the scope, the 1st 5 rounds with IMI 77gr Razorcore went into about 3/4". I haven't bothered to work up a better, fine tuned load as that kind of performance with a factory round is perfectly sufficient for my needs.

Again, thank you for your kind response.

MM