Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by TWR
Curious to what makes an AR harder to run than a bolt gun?

One answer for me .. I grew up on shotguns with a cross-trigger safety. When I get in a hurry, instead of releasing the safety on the AR, I fall back on old muscle memory which leads to dropping the f**king magazine on the ground instead. frown

Another answer .. the comb on a bolt action guides my eye to the crosshairs intuitively. Finding them with an AR is a much slower process.

However, that much heavier AR trigger is a plus with seriously numb fingers.
Which bolt gun has a cross bolt safety? Muscle memory only goes so far, sometimes you have to engage your brain.

I didn't say anything about cross-trigger safety on a bolt action. Shotgun. Go back, re-read if necessary: I said shotgun. But continuing along that vein, I don't own any bolt actions with detachable magazines other than Ruger 77/xx style and those don't have their "drop the mag" button on the side of the trigger housing. It's not particularly relevant. Bolt actions put my thumb by the safety .. nature of the pistol grip and safety location. AR safety is way away from where it needs to be for speedy / instinctive operation <for me>.

Originally Posted by TWR
The right scope mount will put the cross hairs right on target.

I'll have to take your word for that. I haven't found one. I'm not putting much effort into it though .. no perceived payoff on effort invested .. for me.

Originally Posted by TWR
I prefer 3.5 lb triggers on both ARs and bolt guns.

I don't.

Originally Posted by TWR
Seriously, an AR can be set up to perfectly fit anyone if they give it a chance.

I'll have to take your word for that. I haven't found it to be true yet.

It seems to me you're taking my preference of bolt over AR very personally. Mind if I ask why you seem to be getting your panties in such a bunch over it?

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...