Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I don't see any way to get around the very awkward location of the AR safety. I suppose that is a good reason to have a heavy trigger .. release the safety early instead of waiting 'til it is time to fire the shot? Or am I missing something in what you're doing?

This can't be serious.

The AR's safety is so well located that there is some debate if it should even be engaged during a bolt lock reload.

I took a defense carbine class with an instructor by the name of Jabo Long , who's also Memphis TN SWAT team lead. He literally had us putting the safety on in between TGTs and movement. It was part of the presentation he had us working form the low ready. It became 2nd nature by the 2 day and took zero extra time.

His rationale was, IF something happened in the middle of an engagement he wanted to ensure that the weapons were on safe. It makes sense, and again the safety is so well positioned in doesn't add any time. The was my 5th carbine class and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. I wrote an AAR on the class here:

Jabo Long Class AAR

As for yotes, I use both. For calling in closer surroundings I put together my calling AR, 16" barrel, 1-6X scope because sometime we have multiple dogs come running in. The lighter weight is also a plus when we're hiking between stands. IF the terrain his more open I'll use one of my bolt guns with more magnification.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”