Had bypass surgery in 77 at age 27. Had blowout that nite and they had to go back in. Blood shortage and they had to get more blood from my Dad and a nurse’s husband. I had been in ICU for a week; so unstable unable to transport me to Jackson MS for cath and surgery. Had several more heart attacks and strokes. Had to take medical disability due to a stroke in 03 that caused short term memory loss. In Oct 2020
came down with Covid pneumonia had a trach, 3 of us survived ventilator, stage 4 sacral wound big enuff to put your fist in, fecal tube, feeding tube, colostomy and Covid toes and heel. When transferred to a specialty hospital in Meridian MS, I could speak with trach button in, shake my head and twiddle my thumbs. Lost several toes and heel, eventually the L leg below the knee. Had all kinds of surgeries, abradments, and emergency abdominal surgery to to a bad baked potato in my hospital food. Over 6 bouts of pneumonia and heart palpitations caused by breathing treatment meds adversely interacting with heart meds. Spent 14 months away from home in specialty hospital and nursing home. I was on a first name basis with ambulance crews. Never took the jab; I had worked at Baxter Labs and knew there was no way in hell a drug company could develop a vaccine and fully test it in a year. Had a hernia repair cos colostomy bag would not seal; eventually a reversal. Made it home and have Home Health and wife tending to me. In a wheelchair and use a walker; progressing to a cane. I’m cooking meals and driving, getting skin grafts at home for sacral wound. For the most part, met some wonderful folks from all walks of live. I woke up in a foreign land, TV talking about President elect Joe Biden. Had to call my wife and ask what in the hell happened. Feel much like Lazarus raised from the dead. I should not be here. It was especially tuff on the wife. Been at death’s door many, many times. All that matters is memories you made with loved ones and your relationship with God provided by the shed blood of His Son who paid my sin debt. You have a soul that will live forever somewhere. You have a choice as to where. You can choose life or death. I have had 2 near death experiences (out of body). This life is temporal, dying is easy if you have prepared for it. I live to be an influence on my grandchildren, spoil them, and mentor those I come in contact with. Life is good when you’ve been thru trials like I have. It is true that that which does not kill you will make you stronger. Still have have flashbacks and wife suffers from anxiety/panic attacks. Prior to Covid, I was caretaker for her thru 2 different types breast cancers, skin cancers and bilateral mysectomy and reconstructive surgery. Pp