When you really want to quit you will. I started a number of times only to backslide. Oxygen sat. is never above 90 on my best day now due to 35 years of 3 packs a day, but quitting was the best thing I ever did.

Surgeon that did my knees was a roommate to my liberal-ass brother the Dr., and he allowed as to how he had to put me into deep sleep, and me being overweight to begin with, as a smoker I stood a real chance of stroke from the procedure. He told me if I paid 'em down just 6 weeks before the surgery it would reduce that chance by 50%, if my dumb ass wanted to start back up later, that was my choice, but as my friend and Dr. it was good advice. I had known him most of my life and he was not prone to be a bullchitter, so I thought yeah, I have saved up for that elk hunt and wouldn't it be a bitch if I died during getting my knee fixed...I still have that partial pack of Marlboro Lites, have not had one since.

Some people are lucky and the smell of a cigarette will be really offensive once they stop, not me, my mouth waters every time I get a whiff, and a stiffy if someone is burning a good cigar.

I have not had an upper respiratory infection like I got every year when I smoked since I quit, twice that crap turned into pneumonia, so immediate betterment of life and health was apparant.

Hang in there RR, you can do this.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA