Originally Posted by Hook
I have a Sako 222 Riihimaki I found in a basement I was cleaning out. It has no fire control or stock and the bbl has some heavy rust/pitting on it. There were two floorplates and two magazines but no trigger.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find a trigger, bolt relaese mechanism, and stock for this little jewel?

helidriver, since I posted this I found enough parts to make the rifle work, albeit as a single shot. I finished the 90% inletted stock found with it and have been enjoying the heck out of it since '09. While checking the feed and extractor, no 222 round was available, so I used a dummy 223 Rem round and was surprised to see the action close all the way. Someone had rechambered it and had not remarked the barrel. No matter, I have no problem with it being in 223 Rem.

It is hands down the most accurate rifle I've ever owned and will not leave my clutches. I don't know what the actual twist rate is but repeated attempts to measure it comes up with something between 1 in 13 and 14. I have tried many different bullets in it with outstanding success up through 55 grains. The 60 gr Partition was minute of deer vitals accurate, but it was easy to see that it was right on the edge. The only exception to the 55 gr limits was the 53 grain (or was it 52?) TTSX which I don't believe is made any more. The 45 gr TTSX shot beautifully, but the 53 gr was too long for the twist.

Here is a group I fired earlier this year while trying a 'new to me' powder, DP2200. I had some leftovers, so fired them into one group. This is two different bullets and two different powders.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]