Sako Vixens are probably the best production actions available. They don't make the L461 any more and the "Vixen" is a designation that Sako had put on their shortest action made until the newer models after Stoeger started importing them.

The guns themselves are notoriously accurate and extremely well made. I have 2 custom made rifles using the older Riihimaki actions because of the excellence in their manufacture as well.

[Linked Image]

I have owned and shot several Sako L461's in both standard and deluxe models in .223. Both my sons have Sako .222 Remingtons and they shoot very well. I have another friend that I convinced to buy Sakos, he has 3...a .223 in Lightweight Hunter, a .223 in heavy barrel, and a single shot 6mm PPC. He hardly shoots the heavy barreled .223 or the 6mm as his Lightweight is so accurate.

All that said, I have shot 1000's of 55 grain soft point bullets in the .223 and even more, possibly 10's of thousands of 50 grain Remington PLHP bullets in both .222 and .223 as well as in my 220 Swift with great accuracy and overall reliability.

I have never shot the heavier 60 grain bullets at all, finding the best velocities, accuracy and explosive characteristics with these light bullets.

A Partition is a game bullet and I don't see much use for a .222 or a .223 in hunting game animals. I am sure the .222 and .223 both have been used on antelope/deer sized game with success, but I believe you owe game animals more consideration when hunting them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]