Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Originally Posted by Dinny
I wish some of you would try hunting with something like a 357 Maximum, 350 Legend, or the 360 BH someday. They are very efficient killers when shots are taken inside 150yds. When I had a custom 357 Maximum rifle built for my son, I told him he could hunt with that one rifle the rest of his life. Aside from going out West I can't see a need for anything else. He plans to hunt black bears in June with that rifle. I killed one a few years back with a different 357 Maximum rifle so it can be done.

I do and have, I have 356 Winchester, 358, 35 Rem and 35 Whelen. They can all be made to do what the little ones do.

Indeed, and with a savings in pressure too. But none of them would be legal in the plethora of "straight wall cartridge" zones that have sprung up. My state is about evenly divided in that regard - the half in which I live, but rarely hunt in, went from shotgun/muzzleloader only to "straight wall too" recently - but the other half of the state (where I mostly hunt) has always been "run whatcha brung".

I'm firmly on the .357 Maxi bandwagon now, and would be even if it weren't politically mandated - it's a darned efficient cartridge that punches well above its weight class. I look forward to investigating the merits of the .360 though. It's intriguing to me but not necessarily as a deer cartridge, the Maxi fills that niche in my battery of rifles quite nicely. I see it as a mid-weight cartridge with a lot to offer in diverse shooting genres.

I'm well aware, I'm only stating the obvious.

I too will like get the 360, assuming it's on a platform I'd. I'll have to see how it plays out for a bit and see if I can turn a 30/30 into one.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309