I understand the 360 Buckhammer’s appeal to the minority who hunt in states that have straight wall cartridge length limitations but…

There was no true requirement for the 360 Buckhammer, other cartridges that meet state requirements can be used.

The 360 Buckhammer is premised on current law. Who and what influenced the law pre and post adoption? Most answers are speculative unless people directly involved provide truthful unbiased insights. Where do we hunters go from here? Is the status quo accepted for perpetuity? Will state laws become less restrictive? Perhaps, or maybe, other mid-west states will be influenced to become more restrictive. I would think it is in the industry’s best interest to have less restrictive laws to facilitate more and different types of sales. I’ve always been told to follow the money.

As for the 38-55, the concerns mentioned in this thread exist because industry has decided not to advance and promote the cartridge, that much is very clear. Why? Who knows, the issue is circular. It is a shame to see American history set aside for new renditions in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

Taking a step back to think about larger desired outcomes; if the 360 Buckhammer helps keep the hunting tradition alive then that is a very positive thing and I’ll drink to that.

Even though the 38-55 Winchester is better.