Been on a few sheep hunts in my life, enjoyed all of them.

First sheep hunt was a second choice ewe tag in Montana. Pretty easy deal, day hunt.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

First sheep hunt for a ram I did in 1995, guided though. Found some luck and killed an awards book ram, Chugach. Checked lots of boxes, over 40 inches on the long horn, old ram, and spectacular country.

Next sheep hunt was helping a long time friend of mine with a ram in Montana. He drew an area I spent lots of hours in when I lived there. Hunted several days, finally located a small group of rams with 2 very good ones. One was an old broomed ram, that was 13 years old, and another unbroomed ram that was 10 years old. He picked the unbroomed ram, over 40 inches on the long horn, net scored 179 and change.

My Dad got lucky and snagged a ram permit in a very good unit in Montana. I spent about 12 days looking for rams for him, took lots of photos and he decided on this one:

Was just my Dad, Brother and I, over 40 on the long horn, net 183 and change all time record book ram:

I got incredibly lucky and drew a desert ram tag in AZ and spent about 14 days scouting immediately prior to the season. Found the ram I wanted and got him killed about the first 30 minutes of the season. Was solo for the scouting and had the help of a good friend the couple days before I killed this ram:

Latest sheep hunt was a couple years ago, drew Wyoming. Hunted a total of 26 days, some of them solo backpacking, some backpacking with a friend, and with another friend that has some awesome horses and a mule.

Looked over a ton of rams and shot this one with only 5 days left to hunt, really made the most of the tag, 9 year old ram.

I think I'll still draw another tag or two have a lot of points in a few states, considering booking one last sheep as well. But if none of that happens, I'm pretty happy with the hunts I've been able to do.