My youngest was able to shoot his first buck at a good friend’s place in November on the TX opening weekend:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

He was very excited so my season was made in that day.

I then went to ND and MT for 10 days of chasing deer and Pheasants. The pheasant hunting was epic and deer hunting was OK. We were able to get one of my nephews who lives out of state on this nice whitetail:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Another nephew was also in from out of state and had limited time. He wanted to shoot a mulie. The right one was found but we got fogged out several days and ran out of daylight at 800 yds on the best stalking opportunity.

I went to MT solo for a few days on the back end of my trip in search of a shooter buck. Mother Nature had other plans. Snow drifted in on the ranch I was hunting, forcing the deer to move out to more accessible feed. The trails used to access the best areas of the ranch were drifted in as well so I ended up eating a tag. Spending time back home doing spot and stalk along with walking for pheasants helps keep my sanity every year. The time spent visiting dad, my brother-in-law and the rest of my family is irreplaceable and makes the hunting outcome irrelevant.

Heading out this weekend for a late youth doe that will be destined for jerky aside from the loins and back straps. A very good season in retrospect andI’m happy to have been able to spend some time afield.