Good season in the northwestern corner of NC. Lots of acorns in the woods plus the neighbors feed. And we do as well on some stands along with keeping mineral blocks available. Made for some fat deer. Shot my largest bodied ever the first week of ML season. A 7 pt that weighed 210. 8 days later shot a 170 lb 8 pt. Both had ham fat and more internally. We shoot few does so my season was over in 10 days.

Wife hunted hard but was snakebit on bucks. She absolutely will NOT shoot a doe so had a bunch of them, spikes, 3 pt or 2, constantly coming by. Finally after many cold hours on stand she got a nice buck the Monday before Christmas on what we thought would be the last hunt of the year. One shot from her Death Ray (A-Bolt Micro 7-08) did it. Just under 16” spread 8 pt. He was over 160 lbs but was half as fat as the bucks I shot. Chasing females takes fat.

Son shot an 8 his first day out, son n law had never hunted but has the bug. He and my son were together in a popup and shot 3 does bang bang bang. Sons friend we watched grow up came up for a day to make his first hunt as well and got a big spike that needed killin. Weighed something like 135 with bladed spikes. Good kid. Navy vet, fireman/emt, wife and baby girl. Was thrilled for him.

We were blessed indeed. Lots of color in the skies and in the trees. Prayed together before the hunts mostly for safety and to see with our spirit not just with our eyes. Turned out well. Hope to get this Blood Moon Season more organized and post here with pictures later on.

Last edited by shootem; 01/11/23.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."