Originally Posted by horse1
ACK!!!!!!!! 30-06 is the preferred choice of road-hunters, gut-shooters, and leg-blower-offers world-wide.

30-06 is the frumpy hairy-armpits and in desperate need of a bikini wax cousin to the sleek, sexy, impeccably groomed sweetheart supermodel 270Win. The 30-06 is like that really hot chick with a fat momma and a grandma with a beard, no good will come from it long term.

On paper the 30-06 is a fine round and pretty near anything I've ever done with a rifle could've been done well with a 30-06, but I can't do it.

Proud to say I've NEVER carried a 30-06 in the field!
Originally Posted by horse1
...Ooofff, we've got some serious lack of being able to pick up a what should be some mighty obvious sarcasm.

...For the most part, I shoot one of a couple M70 SS Classics in 300Win Mag for elk and the one Canadian moose I've taken...
I thought that you might have been sarcastic until I read your last line. frown

In my originial reply, I didn't mention that when I asked my co-workers what rifle to buy, they said that the only hunters that used that .300 Win were the city dudes from Denver. grin My favorite elk rifle now is my .300 Weatherby.

As for the .270 Win, I have one that I won at a shoot at our gun club one year. I agree that it's a great cartridge and I worked up a sub-moa load for it, but I've never taken it hunting.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member