Thanks for all the kind words and wishes. Not looking for sympathy (well, not much) but just 'splainin' why I might be a bit cranky at times here.

I enjoyed golf for 50 years but was never very good at it. The last shot I took back in October was a beauty, though. Stuck a 9-iron from 110 yards for a kick-in. If that was the last shot I ever make, it'll be a great memory. I was still walking the course in under three hours and feeling great but wondering when I'd have to transition to using a cart. Knew that time was coming, but I truly hate cart golf except on courses where it's mandatory. Now I won't have to, which I consider a good thing.

Fishing on the other hand will be a terrific blow if I can't do that. I bought my boat two years ago and didn't get to use it a lot last year because all our lakes are so low that launching was risky. I may have to find somebody willing to go with me to help launch and load once the Doc says I can fish again. Hope that will be by Autumn.

In the meantime, I'll post to let anyone else in this boat (joke intended) what to expect.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.