Originally Posted by flintlocke
Powder coating is the busy man's shortcut to satisfactory accuracy...I applaud it. On the other hand, reviewing the "Fouling Shot" magazine of the Cast Bullet Assn, wherein the national competitors list the components used in competition as well as their score...no competitor listed powder coated bullets. I think they are legal.
Over time, several well regarded shooters have evaluated lube vs pc, and were unable to see any marked advantage or disadvantage. One shooter conducted tests using a .222 at 2,800 fps with satisfactory results...but in competition I noticed he used lube....your call guys.

Regarding the Cast Bullet Assoc. the board of directors approved the use of PC bullets quite a few years ago. Then, a few got their panties in a wad and tried to claim they were illegal since the "rules" were never changed to say it. So last year the few made a big push to force the rules to say yeah or nay in writing. And they didn't stop there, they tried to make PC bullets ineligible to set any records, make them illegal to use that their National shoot, and a few other items. All of these "proposed rule changes" got shot down and the rules now reflect that PC bullets are legal in all CBA competition.

Ironically, these few people who objected to PC, in my opinion, bend the rules in their own way. The rules state (paraphrasing) bullets must be cast in a mold to their basic shape.......sizing and bumping are allowed. Using a significant press, they cast a lino slug which resembles a wad cutter, then fully swage that slug into a fully formed bullet. That is far from a "basic shape".