Longarm, It's about the same as on here. The old guys who don't mind fussing, fooling, measuring, calculating and obsess over their bullets alloy to target...don't buy into it...yet. The guys who have neither the time nor the inclination to dive deep into the casting hobby...have taken to powder coating like ducks to water. And good on them, shooting more, fiddling less. Particularly in the handgun disciplines, where volume is almost as important as precision.
Us old farts that prefer fitment and precision...will be changing our tune when PC's start setting records.
One thing that I think we can all pretty much agree on (maybe)...when it comes to vintage rifles of yesteryear with less than perfect bores...a well seasoned frosty barrel with a lubed bullet can shock you with it's accuracy potential. As far as I have read, that has not yet proved to be true with plastic coatings.
I would like to hear from Gnoahhh and Digital Dan here, I'm a hobbyist, they are competitors.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.