flintlocke, I’m one of those old guys that ain’t got time to fart around with almost mind numbing, obsessive, details and techniques!

I will slug a barrel to help determine mold size and sizing die size, and will use gas checks when appropriate. I do try to maintain a relatively consistent Casting temperature, but that’s about it. I use, and have for 50+ years “plain ole” wheelweights. In spite of my nonchalant attitude, I can still get groups in the 1” to 2” range. If I were looking for match grade bullets…..I’d be more critical. I shoot cast for the savings and for fun!

All of that said, I’ve always hated the dirt, sand, debris that seemed to be attracted to conventional bullet lubes. When I learned about powder coating….I did it for more of a cleanliness factor, not so much the accuracy! However, I’m pretty pleased with the seeming accuracy potential! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024