Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I like different stuff too, kinda why I got this thing. I know that with sticking with 325gr bullets, it's not far from the parent case, 350 Rem Mag. But it is different and I really like this rifle, so....

I put a 1-4x20 Leupold heavy duplex scope on it, but thinking I'd like a little more magnification. Maybe a 1.75-6 heavy duplex, if I can find one. Really hoping to have some woods/field pictures from using it this fall.

Do you mean the 235 grain Speer? I'm not aware of a 325 grain Speer for the .375" diameter. Just checking.

The idea of a milder .375 cartridge is appealing. Rather than seek one out, I do just download my 375 H&H when I want less suds.

Someone mentioned the discontinued 270 grain Round Nose soft point. I sure liked that bullet! It shot very well from my 375. I've stayed with the 260 grain Nosler Accubond for my bear hunting 375 bullet and it's done really well, both for accuracy and results on game.

Re the scope - I've got the 1.5-5x Leupold, but I've had a 2-7x on the rifle, and that worked out really well. A 375 can easily be effective at 300 & 400 yards. A bit more magnification in that case isn't a bad thing.

Enjoying this thread!

Regards, Guy