I never found JK to be anything other than a complete gentleman. Just like me.........except I can be an [bleep] too. I shot Hi-Power with him out at the Machias Range.

Most of these rifles are from his early Seattle/Aurora store. Calibers? Pretty boring.......All .270 Win. Accuracy.......also pretty boring......I never shot them.

I just liked his art and kept him busy. He and his wife Annette dined with us on Lake Washington................and he loved to tell of his Africa hunting adventures.

One reason I never shot them is that I had one that I did. It is 30.06 and was the first one he built for me. I have an interesting story about that rifle though. It killed my one and only deer.

My dad was the American Dream. He immigrated from Germany to the USA in 1921/ couldn't speak the language..........and died young at 62.....a millionaire. He became the largest employer in Oregon and COMPLETELY lost his accent. You'd have thought he was born/raised in Oregon. He loved airplanes and I became a Private Pilot in 1965. He was one of my first passengers. I had no idea he would be dead 3 weeks later. He died of formaldehyde poisoning.

Anyway, on his deathbed at the Mayo Clinic, he told my mother to buy me an airplane. She bought me a brand new Super Cub and flew it home from Lock Haven-Portland with a total time of about 50 hours.

I had hunter/pilot friends and we flew those Super Cubs into Hells Canyon (the deepest canyon in N America)the night before opening season. The deer were pressured by the boats 3000' below and by the trucks 3000 ft above. So where we landed our Cubs 1/2 up on the side of the canyon there were deer EVERWHERE. Hundreds!!

We had a bucket of white paint and went out in the field that night, and marked/painted the two largest bucks with a BIG white "X".

Then, the next morning, opening day, we just shot those two bucks.........loaded them in the Super Cubs, and flew home. Anyway.....this is the rifle........re-stocked/reworked by JK.

Most parts of the above story are actually true!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]