Originally Posted by skywag
I never found JK to be anything other than a complete gentleman. Just like me.........except I can be an [bleep] too. I shot Hi-Power with him out at the Machias Range.

Most of these rifles are from his early Seattle/Aurora store. Calibers? Pretty boring.......All .270 Win. Accuracy.......also pretty boring......I never shot them.

I just liked his art and kept him busy. He and his wife Annette dined with us on Lake Washington................and he loved to tell of his Africa hunting adventures.

One reason I never shot them is that I had one that I did. It is 30.06 and was the first one he built for me. I have an interesting story about that rifle though. It killed my one and only deer.

My dad was the American Dream. He immigrated from Germany to the USA in 1921/ couldn't speak the language..........and died young at 62.....a millionaire. He became the largest employer in Oregon and COMPLETELY lost his accent. You'd have thought he was born/raised in Oregon. He loved airplanes and I became a Private Pilot in 1965. He was one of my first passengers. I had no idea he would be dead 3 weeks later. He died of formaldehyde poisoning.

Anyway, on his deathbed at the Mayo Clinic, he told my mother to buy me an airplane. She bought me a brand new Super Cub and flew it home from Lock Haven-Portland with a total time of about 50 hours.

I had hunter/pilot friends and we flew those Super Cubs into Hells Canyon (the deepest canyon in N America)the night before opening season. The deer were pressured by the boats 3000' below and by the trucks 3000 ft above. So where we landed our Cubs 1/2 up on the side of the canyon there were deer EVERWHERE. Hundreds!!

We had a bucket of white paint and went out in the field that night, and marked/painted the two largest bucks with a BIG white "X".

Then, the next morning, opening day, we just shot those two bucks.........loaded them in the Super Cubs, and flew home. Anyway.....this is the rifle........re-stocked/reworked by JK.

Most parts of the above story are actually true!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Cool story and beautiful rifle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA