Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Correct; showing OP the PF post G203.

No xtr and scroll “featherweight” on right.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That rifle appears to have been made in the timespan of when they were scrolling "featherweight" on the barrel. 1990-1994, if I remember right. You may have to correct me on that one. If yours is a stainless pushfeed featherweight, that is a pretty rare rifle, as they didn't make many of them. I damned near bought the 338 here a while back. Both scope and rifle were well worth the asking price.. I could have sold the silver Leupold that was on it for $400+ and been into the rifle for a measly $400.00, but like I said the other day, wanted to let one of you guys score on that one. I get great deals all the time. Some, I don't even tell you about because you guys think I'm bragging or something..

Do you remember the time span of when they scrolled "featherweight" in cursive writing, on the barrel? I'm thinking early to mid 90's, roughly cutting them off around '94. The OP's is a post XTR, so XTR would probably not be stamped on the barrel.. IF it is stamped "XTR", I'd presume it was a rebarrel.. We've talked about all this before, but my memory may not be exact on some of this stuff.. 79s usually knows his Winchester model 70 history. Where is he hiding??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA