Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Hard to say BSA. It looks to be a very nice rifle to me. If an employee made it for himself, it may have been assembled with extra care. Be interesting to know if it has the standard hot glue bedding, etc. We also don’t know what he paid for it. Even with the unknowns, I would have likely given at least $700 for that rifle in that condition. The stock alone is worth $300+ on fleabay.

Exactly. Good post.. I sold a rifle to the OP 10 years ago. He's a good guy. I hope my comments did not discourage him. It might be a good idea to have the rifle checked for proper headspace before he shoots it, would be my only concern. I too wonder about the bedding, but like I said in an earlier post, the receiver does not appear to be in that stock tight, like you would expect. I kept thinking about the hot glue bedding as well. It may be gone, when they put the stock on. If a Winchester employee did fit that stock, it would probably have that nasty bedding in there. From the pictures, it does not appear to have been glass bedded by a competent person. Leaving that gap between the stock and receiver is a no no. IMHO. Someone whittled on it to get the action to fit. I was thinking about this yesterday, but the tell tell signs can not be used on this rifle to decipher how much its been used. I can't pick this one apart, like I like doing at a gunshop.. I once had a weird woman tell me to pick up certain rocks and see what kind of "vibe" I got. I told her I can't feel schidt. Just another fn Oregon sex stone to me... Rifles on the other hand..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA