I've worked 11-7 and Midnight to 8:00 since 1994. I did have a roughly 4 year 0700-1500 schedule in the middle of that. Been on Midnight to 8 since 2014.

#1 Get used to feeling like crap most of the time. The only time I really feel good is when I'm at work. Sleep is paramount and too much is never enough. Black out your bedroom and turn your phone off or put it on the other side of the house.
#2 Friends and family have to understand that you are not on vacation during normal work hours. Just because you are off work doesn't mean you are the errand boy.
#3 You will develop an ominous foreboding most days that consist of Its daylight and I need to get some sleep because I have to go to work
, tonight!
I tell people that you never get used to night shift, you just kinda get accustomed to its misery and deal with it.

Pluses, very few, but there are some.

No need to take off work for Dr.'s visits, car mechanic visits ...
You can go to the rifle range during the day and not see anyone. Mow the yard during the week and not on the weekend type stuff.

The biggest thing for me at least is to stay on the same schedule.

Night shift is the biggest reason I'm going to retire this year. I am not rich by any means, but I can quit anytime I want to. I like to work and be productive, but I despise night shift. I have zero chance of going to day shift.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA