Originally Posted by Kenneth
Kevin, please tell me where I can have a rifle built with those components for 1600 bucks,

titanium left hand action

Stainless barrel

High end trigger

MOA guarantee

Fluted bolt and bolt shroud

Threaded muzzle

Muzzle break with thread protector. (Not a big fan of brakes)…..

Fiberglass stock

Base weight of 6 lbs or less,,

I’ve played mind games with my self for the last year or so, Was going to have Hill Country Rifles build me a rifle some what similar to the Ti,

6 grand for the base rifle….

Since you did reply to this thread, in the Left and forum, I’m going to assume your familiar with the very limited options to us lefties,

Is there a left hand stainless or even titanium action out there that isn’t 1k or more? For just the action alone.

It's very easy to do. Like already mentioned in this thread....you can buy a Tikka T3X which to me is a more consistent shooting rifle than the CA in stock form. Regardless, you can buy the Tikka, throw an aftermarket barrel of your choice, and a carbon stock and be money ahead. And more importantly, a better performer. You can do the exact same thing with an old Remington 700 which to me is the best way to go.

Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Originally Posted by rovert
Not built, but you can put together a functional equivalent.

Stainless T3X LH $850
Stockys Carbon Fiber Stock $490
Barrel threading and bolt fluting <$300
Sell your factory stock -$75

Grand total: $1565

It's not a titanium action but will be lighter than the non-FFT Ti Mesa.

I have one Mesa FFT and three Tikkas. That's not nearly enough to judge the accuracy of the platforms. I feel like I've read enough accounts to know that you have a better chance of getting a Mesa that doesn't shoot.

When it comes down to features, I prefer the hinged floor plate of the Mesa to the Tikka DBM. I prefer the Tikka 70° bolt lift to the Mesa.

There is no doubt that you get a lot of rifle for the money from CA. Can you have a comparable rifle for the same or less money? I think so. Can you pay a gunsmith to build you one? Doubtful

And then when you go to sell it on here, people will have a fit about how its a cobbled together Frankenstein gun. No thanks i would just buy a CA

That is so far from the truth. People that have done their research would much prefer a build based on a Tikka or Remington action than a stock CA Mesa/Ridgeline. Look at the resale in the classifieds...that should tell you enough. The Tikka and Remington 700 (or R700 clone actions) are the gold standard for most hunting rifle builds. I'm sorry, and don't take offense to this, the CA rifles are a very budget entry level introduction intro 'custom' rifle. You aren't really getting a custom rifle if that's what you're seriously after.